Posted Date : 04 July 2020 01:38:44 AM
1) There are at least three types of diabetes: type 1, type 2, and gestational diabetes.
2) Type 1 diabetes, previously known as juvenile diabetes, accounts for about 5 to 10
percent of diabetics and is a chronic condition in which the pancreas produces little or no
insulin, a hormone needed to allow sugar (glucose) to enter cells and produce energy.
3) Type 2 diabetes, previously known as adult onset diabetes, accounts for about 90 to
95 percent of diabetics and occurs when the body either becomes resistant to insulin or
doesn’t produce enough insulin to maintain glucose levels.
4) Pregnant women may develop gestational diabetes, which can be harmful to both
mother and child. Gestational diabetes tends to clear up greatly or improve after birth.
5) The World Health Organization (WHO) has designated type 2 diabetes as an
emerging global epidemic that can be traced to rapid increases in weight, obesity, and
6) A Harvard study showed that eating one serving of oatmeal five or six times a week
was linked to a 39 percent reduction in risk of type 2 diabetes.
Posted Date : 04 July 2020 01:34:15 AM
1) Increase the amount and variety of fresh fruit, vegetables and wholegrain foods you
have each day.
2) Choose low or reduced-fat milk, yoghurt and other dairy products or have ‘added
calcium’ soy drinks.
3) Choose lean meat (meat trimmed of fat or labelled as ‘heart smart’).
4) Limit fatty meats, including sausages and salami, and choose leaner sandwich meats
like turkey breast or cooked lean chicken.
5) Have fish (fresh or canned) at least twice a week.
6) Replace butter and dairy blends with polyunsaturated margarines.
Posted Date : 21 June 2020 01:48:37 AM
Kadha is an Ayurvedic drink including herbs and spices which are typically boiled in
water for a length of time, allowing all of the medicinal benefits to be extracted. Kadha
is especially helpful during the Vata, or cold and dry season when allergies can arise.
Once boiled, you can sip the kadha multiple times during the day. You can even store
it and then reheat just before consuming.
If you often fall ill, it means your body’s immunity is low. You can strengthen it with the
help of this herbal kadha which has a mix of several Ayurvedic herbs. These pacify the
Vata and Kapha, stimulate digestion, increase immunity and also detox our body.
Cardamom and black pepper are helpful in flu and different allergic problems. Cinnamon
and ginger also aid digestion, which directly impacts our immunity, as our first line of
defense is in the gut.
Posted Date : 21 June 2020 01:45:20 AM
1/4 Inch (0.6 cm) of cinnamon stick
1 Teaspoon of fennel seeds
1/4 Inch (0.6 cm) of ginger
1 Teaspoon of jaggery
1/4 Teaspoon of black pepper
1 Teaspoon of coffee powder
2-3 Cups of water
1) Make a powder of black pepper and jaggery.
2) Slice the piece of ginger into many small pieces. Add the small slices of ginger into
the powdered jaggery and black pepper.
3) Open the cardamoms from the side and add it into the mixture of black pepper, ginger
4) Add one-fourth inch of cinnamon stick, 2-3 cloves and one teaspoon fennel seeds into it.
5) Add the mixture of jaggery, black pepper, cinnamon stick, cloves, fenne l seeds,
cardamom and ginger into 3-4 cups of hot water
6) Pour the mixture through a sieve
7) Keep the liquid and discard the rest.Add one teaspoon of coffee powder,stir well,
Posted Date : 19 June 2020 02:42:57 AM
1) Studies shows that video games are better at battling depression than therapy.
2) Cry as hard as you want to. but just make sure that once you stop trying, you
never cry for the same reason again
3) Yoga releases stress, tension and reduces production of cortisol that makes
4) Inadequate or poor-quality sleep can negatively affect your mood, mental
alertness, energy level, and physical health.
5) Treat yourself to a massage, take a walk or a nap. or listen to your favorite music.
6) Don't be afraid to ask for help from your spouse, friends, and neighbors. if stress
and anxiety persist. talk to your doctor.
7) Just 30 minutes of daily meditation can reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety